Monday, March 1, 2021

My review of LIFE FOR SALE by Linda Nightingale



Blurb:

Mayfair Electronics has created life.

But four of their Special Editions—sentient androids indistinguishable from human—have escaped. Rebel, Christian Aguillard and his owner, March, are on the run, but they have a bigger problem than his creator's plan to destroy him. They've discovered that one of the renegades has suffered a dangerous malfunction, threatening them with more than just exposure.

Trapped on a cruise ship in the middle of the Atlantic, March and Christian must stop the insane robot before someone else dies. All the evidence points to March being the killer's next victim.

 

My Review:

I have to admit I was a little confused at first. Perhaps because I thought I’d bought the first book instead of the second, (my mistake). Still, I have read this author before and knew this would be a good story. The reason for my confusion – the blurb says four androids had escaped, but only one is mentioned in the description. Then only three were active in the story. If you’re also confused, forget about all that and keep reading. The story is fabulous.

What I loved about this book – it's genius that the author put them on a cruise ship. They realize the killer is on board and there’s nowhere to get away. How do they protect each other and themselves, not to mention innocent people? What resources do they have to identify the killer? Is it one of them – an unknown android or a human – the company they’re hiding from – or someone else completely?

Most of the characters in this story are machines, but you tend to forget that. They’re special edition machines who’ve been made to give love. They feel more than the ‘love’ emotion though. They’re closer to being human than even they expect.

If I had to describe this story in one word – action-packed. You’ll love the plot twist toward the end.

I will be reading the first story as soon as possible.

 

Amazon Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Sale-Tomorrows-Angels-Book-ebook/dp/B08D2Z5XLC

 


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Sandra, for a splendid review. I love the cover for your Twice the Trouble. That's an Andalusian horse on the cover. I must see what's between the covers. I look forward to a good read.

    ReplyDelete