Monday, February 8, 2021

My review of 24 TO LIFE by DeDe Ramey

 


Blurb:

When Jenna Corbett goes for her morning run, she revels in the knowledge that her dad's protective grip has finally been broken and the world is on her doorstep. But a brutal attack that leaves her bloodied and broken threatens to take away her new-found freedom.
Cody Spencer is working an early shift at the gym. A woman's screams propel him outside, in search of a victim. The plight of the injured auburn-haired woman touches his heart in a way he didn't think possible.
As their relationship heats up, so does the danger. Jenna and Cody embark on a search for answers behind the attack. But will what they find tear their love apart?

 

My review:

This was my first DeDe Ramey book and I have to say I thought it was really great. It grabs you from the first page. Talk about jumping in with both feet!

First let me say, the author took plenty of time giving a nearly visual description of the scene without being boring. I could practically smell the dirt and pine trees in the park.

The characters are strong and realistic as well. They actually have responsibilities like jobs and classes they have to schedule their time around. Too often characters have job titles but never seem to go to work. It makes the book unbelievable. You can’t say that about this one.

Considering the book begins with a physical attack, (I don’t think that’s a spoiler), I liked that the characters took their time building on a relationship. Jenna was hesitant about being too close to someone she’d just started seeing even if he was her rescuer. Cody was sensitive to that problem and didn’t push her. However, the heat does build. I liked Jenna and Cody as a couple. Their personalities complimented each other.

There are a lot of great secondary characters in the book, but my favorite was Jenna’s big white dog, Tucker. He’s a sweetheart with a big protective instinct. Pets/animals are so important in a story – especially dogs.

The book is packed with red herrings. I was fooled more than once. That’s saying something considering how many suspense books I read.

Then, there’s the subplot. Wow! I wasn’t expecting that. I’ll let that be a surprise to you though.

To sum it up, I see this author writing many great books – and me reading them all.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/24-Life-Dalton-Skies-Book-ebook/dp/B08P87YQJ1/


1 comment:

  1. Hey Sandra- I just found your review and I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! As a first time author, this means everything to me. I really appreciate it! There are a couple of bonus chapters on my website that didn't make it into the book. Here's the link. https://www.subscribepage.com/dederamey
    Book 2 A Life Unknown is up for pre-order on Amazon. I post updates on my Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/dede.ramey.969
    Thanks Again
    DeDe

    ReplyDelete