Wednesday, March 24, 2021

We're celebrating Debby Grahl's new release, MOUNTAIN BLAZE



When did you first get the urge to write?

The desire to write began in my early teens. I was born with a disease of the retina called Retinitis Pigmentosa which causes gradual vision loss. I lost the ability to read in my early twenties, but even when I had sight, seeing the printed word was always difficult for me. Reading a book would take me twice as long as a person with normal sight. I became frustrated with this and began to make up my own stories. It wasn’t until the invention of computers and wonderful screen reading software that I was able to put my stories into words.   

                                          

What happened to your first ever manuscript?

The first book I wrote is a mystery cozy titled Decorated To Death. I came up with the idea for the story while living in a historic district. Each year we opened our homes for a Christmas tour. While sitting through a tour committee meeting, I thought what would happen if dead bodies began to show up during the tour. I finished the manuscript about twelve years ago, where it sat in my computer until I decided to self-publish it. I have to say there’s only one review posted on Amazon, but everyone who reads it enjoys the story.


What do your family and friends think of your passion for writing?

 I have incredible support from my husband, family, and friends. They understand when I’m writing, I go into my cave and don’t want any distractions.


Have you ever used someone you know as a character in a book?

Yes, all the time. I’ve included family, friends from my book clubs, lunch ladies, and neighborhood friends. They’re usually secondary characters, but they’re recognizable.


Tell us about this book.

Disillusioned by his wife’s betrayal, rodeo star Dillon McCoy comes home to the mountains of North Carolina to lick his wounds. When he agrees to take over the family ranch, the Lazy M, he’s unaware danger waits.

Diana Thompson is having doubts about her engagement to Trent Sawyer. She agrees to leave Chapel Hill and spend Thanksgiving with her friend Jenn at the Lazy M. When Diana and Dillon meet, neither can deny their attraction, but both must resolve past relationships while fighting their growing desire.

After Dillon turns down an anonymous offer to purchase the ranch, attempts are made on his life. When a body is found, Dillon sets out to discover who wants the McCoy land enough to commit murder.




 

Give us an example of a favorite scene.

Dillon smiled and Diana thought it the sexiest smile she’d ever seen. There was a slight cleft in his chin, and fine lines formed at the corners of his eyes. Diana inwardly groaned. The butterflies were back.

“I’d hold onto you. I wouldn’t let you fall,” he softly said.

With his slow southern accent, the words sounded like warm honey rolling off his tongue. The depth of his eyes and the sound of his voice mesmerized her.

The horses stood side by side. Her and Dillon’s legs touched. He leaned toward her, and the light aroma of wood smoke, hay, and his spicy cologne filled her nostrils. Diana knew what he was about to do but had no willpower to stop him. He cupped her cheek and their lips met.

Gentle at first, his lips glided over hers. He increased the pressure until she opened her mouth and his tongue slipped in. Diana moaned and wrapped her arms around his neck. His arms around her waist, he deepened the kiss. Before she realized what he was doing, without breaking their kiss Dillon lifted her from Flora and placed her across his lap.

Cradled in his arms, Diana clung to him, delicious sensations filling her. Her body came alive in a way that surprised her. The only thing that mattered was this man and this moment.

Flame moved, bringing her back to reality. Diana’s eyes fluttered open, and she stared into Dillon’s, deep with passion and need.

 

Is this book part of a series?

Mountain Blaze is the first in my Carolina series. I’m working on Island Heat, which I hope to have released next year.


Where can we buy your book?

Amazon Author Page -- https://www.amazon.com/Debby-Grahl/e/B00B34HM26

B&N --https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/Debby+Grahl?_requestid=5525094

 


Tell us a little about yourself.

Award winning author, Debby Grahl, lives on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, with her husband, David. Besides writing, she enjoys biking, walking on the beach and a glass of wine at sunset. Her favorite places to visit are New Orleans, New York City, Captiva Island in Florida, the Cotswolds of England, and her home state of Michigan. She is a history buff who also enjoys reading murder mysteries, time travel, and, of course, romance. Visually impaired since childhood by Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP), she uses screen-reading software to research and write her books. His Magic Touch, a paranormal romance, was released by Wild Rose Press December 5, 2018. Her latest book, Mountain Blaze, was released November 2.

 

How can your fans contact and follow you?

You can find Debby at the following: 

Website -www.debbygrahl.com

Facebook -- https://www.facebook.com/debbygrahlauthor?ref=br_rs

Bookbub -- https://www.bookbub.com/search/authors?search=debby%20grahl

Twitter -- https://twitter.com/DebbyGrahl


 

9 comments:

  1. Sandra thank you so much for hosting me today and a huge thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome here anytime. Especially with more great books.

      Delete
  2. Having toured historic homes at the holidays, I can only imagine the horror your committee would have felt at having dead bodies show up! Best of luck with your book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. We did have some strange happenings during the tours.

      Delete
  3. The story sounds very good! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debby is such an inspiration! She is the perfect example of how to overcome a disability and do what you love. I enjoyed "Mountain Blaze!" It made me an instant fan. Thank you for featuring Debby here today, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, you're so kind thank you! Praise from fellow authors means a lot to me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for coming by today, Jan. I'm glad you read the book. I'm a fan as well.

      Delete