Thursday, January 7, 2021

Charlotte O'Shay and HOME IN YOUR ARMS

 



1 – When did you first get the urge to write, Charlotte?

As a kid I read anything I could get my hands on including the NYC tabloids (tagline and headline genius) and every romance in my aunt’s sprawling collection. I started writing little descriptions and snippets of stories when I was about ten. I’m an introvert from a large family, living in a city of millions. Everywhere I turned there’d be something to write about. Everyone is intriguing and everything sparks my imagination. As a teenager I’d ride my bike all over the city after school. I’d pick a random place to stop, a favorite was Rockefeller Center where I’d rehydrate and look around. I’d come home with ten stories in my head.

2 – What happened to your first ever manuscript?

I tossed one I never finished though I recall there was an evil stepmother. The first one I actually completed was published!

3 – What does your family and friends think of your passion for writing?

My spouse, kids, and most friends and family are incredibly supportive. I’ve learned to ignore those who trivialize what I believe is the world’s best career.  

4 – Have you ever used someone you know as a character in a book?

Shhhh! Maybe a little. Even though I’m shy, I love to talk to people about them. Then there’s eavesdropping…overheard snippets of conversation get my imagination pumping with questions and ideas.

5 – Tell us about this book.

After her sweetheart Joe dies in a road accident, twenty-four hours after he returns from Army service, grieving Karla Payne slams the door on love.
Five years later, Karla's tavern business is booming, and she owns her home, but she knows forever love has no part in her future.

Headed to interview for his first civilian job, retired career Army 1st Sgt. Zane Blackthorne can't resist visiting his late buddy's beloved Vermont hometown. He also can't resist looking up Joe's sweetheart, Karla, who is an alluring mix of brains, beauty, and bravery.
Loyalty to his brother-in-arms demands Zane fight his attraction to Karla. Besides, even if Karla wants him, she'll never love him.

Can Zane say goodbye to the woman he has no right to call his own?
Even if his only true home is in her arms?

 6 – Give us an example of a favorite scene. 

This scene is one of my favorites because for the first time Karla is allowing herself to open the door to a possible relationship.

 

She clasped her hands in front of her, resisting the urge to touch him, knowing this was going to be goodbye. “I’m so happy about the job, Zane. Well done.”

“Thanks, general.”

She forced her eyes to crinkle at his tease. “That reminds me. I never took you to dinner. I owe you.”

Zane’s jaw tightened, his black brows forming an obstinate line across his forehead. “You don’t owe me a thing, Karla. If anything, I owe you for allowing me to show up here unannounced and disrupt your life…”

“Not a disruption. Never that. Truth be told I welcomed your…company. We’re…friends, Zane, aren’t we?”

“Friends?” He paused as if considering. “Sure. Of course we are.”

Impulse forced the words from her lips without her express say so. “I have an idea. You know the Maple Sugar Ball Joe told you about? It’s a week from Saturday. Why don’t you come? I’ve already carved time out of my work schedule to go. I look forward to it every year. What do you think?”

7 – Is this book part of a series?

Yes, the Wild Rose Press’s Deerbourne Inn series. In my first story for the series, FOREVER IN A MOMENT I wrote Karla Payne as kind of a hard ass with a giant chip on her shoulder. In spite of her rough edges, readers felt her pain and asked if she’d get her own happily ever after. She finds it with Zane in HOME IN YOUR ARMS. I always love when an author can make you grow to love a character you want to hate. My challenge was to portray Karla as a multi-faceted person and show readers the depth of her loss.

8 – Where can we buy your book?

Buy Links

Barnes & Noble Nook

Amazon Kindle

Apple - I Books

Goodreads

BookBub

 

 

9 – Tell us a little about yourself.

The only thing award winning author Charlotte O’Shay loves more than reading page turning romance where happily ever after always wins, is writing them.

Charlotte lives in NYC, three subway stops from where she grew up, where her walks along the Hudson River serve up fresh story ideas every day.

 

10 – How can your fans contact and follow you?

 

Social Media Links:

 

WEBSITE & NEWSLETTER

 INSTAGRAM

 TWITTER

 PINTEREST

 FACEBOOK PAGE

 BOOKBUB

If you'd like to see what I thought of the book, click here http://sandradailey.blogspot.com/2021/01/my-review-on-home-in-your-arms.html


6 comments:

  1. I appreciate the opportunity to visit you, Sandy. Thank you for allowing me to tell your readers a little about Karla and Zane and this emotional story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a pleasure to have you here. Can't wait for your next book.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Liz. Your compilation of blogs book is on my TBR. Love your voice.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Judith. I'm excited to read you final installment. I wish there were more hours in the day.

      Delete